1. Make sure your bed is only used to sleep and xx. Avoid working in bed, paying bills, reading books, or watching TV.
2. Have a hot bath 1 to 2 hours before going to sleep, because when you leave the bathtub your body temperature will gradually decline and you make feel tired. Do not take a bath right before going to sleep, otherwise it will make you excited, and cannot fall asleep.
3. Bedroom must be quiet and dark. Dark environment will promote the pineal gland to produce melatonin (Holmes studied the hypnotic effect of melatonin). The fan noise or white noise that can cover annoying sound, along with cool temperature, helps you fall asleep. Opening the window or using the electric fan is good for air cycle on the indoor. If the indoor air is too dry, you can also use a humidifier.
4. Read a few pages of books, spend 5 to 10 minutes to take care of personal hygiene or meditate for a while. Just do something to make a well mental preparation for sleeping.
5. Do not eat dinner before going to sleep. If you really feel hungry, eat carbohydrate-rich snack which can trigger the release of brain serotonin. Try a graham cracker or a bowl of cereal, with milk; these foods are rich in amino acids to promote sleep.
6. Don't force yourself to sleep. If it has been half an hour and you still cannot sleep, you don’t have to lie in bed depressedly. Simply do something else to relax, such as listening to the soothing music, browsing the magazine, or having a cup of warm milk.
7. Buy a comfortable bed.